Golf is one of the few sports you can play safely, as long as you follow a series of common sense rules.
The States of Guernsey are supporting exercise and getting fresh air (and vitamin D in the sunshine), as long as it’s done safely.
Further to the States of Guernsey announcement on Friday 1st May the necessary application has now been made and the golf course has re-opened.
Members and a guest can book a tee time through BRS (guests must prepay before arrival on site as the pro shop will remain closed to customers).
If you have any items which you wish to purchase from the pro shop please call ahead on 727039 and we will take payment over the phone and you can collect from outside the shop when you arrive for your tee time.
The course will open at 8.30am daily – please do not arrive on site before this time!
New rules and guidelines will be in place:
- Social distancing must be applied at all times – please stay at least 2m apart. No shaking of hands.
- Please wash hands / sanitise upon arrival and upon leaving site. Carry sanitiser with you whilst on the course.
- Own clubs to be used. If you require a hire set please call the pro shop at least 1 hour before
your round so a set can be sanitised for you
- Flag to be left in the hole / cups will be raised
- Pick up your own ball only
- Mark your own card only
- 2 balls only with all bookings for 9 holes; therefore tee times will be 10 minutes apart rather than 15
- When you arrive on site and leave the course we ask you not to mix with other groups as you must adhere to States of Guernsey guidelines at all times
- Arrival on site is to be no early than 10 minutes before your tee time.
- Access to the golf course will be past the tepee area only and the exit for the course will be past the members cabin. We ask you to return to your car immediately upon finishing your game and leave the site
- Practice areas will be closed for the time being but 1 : 1 coaching with our team of professionals will shortly resume
Anyone who should be self isolating or feels unwell must not attend the site at all.
Additional measures taken by us to ensure your safety:
1 All tee times have now been moved to 10 minute intervals to ensure better social spacing between players
2 We have removed all rakes benches ball washers and bins from the golf course ( if you can please place all rubbish in the bins by Pirate Bay
3 Were advising groups to play in 2 or 3 ball groups rather than 4 balls
We are delighted that we are able to reopen part of the site and kindly ask you to comply to all guidelines at all times. The States of Guernsey will be monitoring use of the golf course and site to ensure that guidelines are being adhered to.
We look forward to seeing you soon!